Wednesday, October 7, 2015

DZC [001m]

UCM Sabres!  Gotta love rail guns. Watch out you objective-laden buildings :) I re-blacked the gun and treads from the gray  overspray. Then quick dry brush with Dawnstone for some metallic edging effect. Then added ryza rust to create the rusted and weathered look for the treads and portions of the vehicle body, and gun tip. Then added a little gold to the gun tip. This really didn't do anything but give a slightly higher sheen to the tip.  I then painted warlock purple to red gore to blood red to white to the visor viewer thing. Orange to yellow for the little light was next. 

Finally I used dawnstone to highlight some of the vehicle body and side edges. This actually, as a darker color than the grey shades I used for the body, turned into a sort of camo look and sort of a weathered look. This was not what I was expecting to paint tonight but I think it's a pretty repeatable scheme and looks decent.  The weathered look was made a little more weathered by the fact that I was a few beers in, painting these super small models tonight :x


View of the comparison between just based and then final body scheme. 


I did a little shadow grey squad marking thing on the front quarter as well to finish these off. Tried for the UCM symbol but ended up with a smeared number one ish symbol...looks ok...ish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment