Sunday, October 11, 2015

DZC [001o]

Bear APCs and the Kodiak armored command vehicle were up tonight :). Similar techniques were used for a speedy and decent scheme to match the other tanks already painted.  

I found it interesting that the Kodiak has a very strange mold line as the bear style body in resin comes split in half, long ways. I thought about filling this earlier on but totally forgot and was stuck with this. It probably would not have filled well on the back engine area either but I think that I would have liked to fill the front part at least. Oh well. Not going back now, but just something to watch out for if anyone else decides to build one of these. I might have taken the extra bear that came with the starter set and just added the back extra pieces that came with the Kodiak kit. Easy conversion for slightly different aesthetic with the detail level on the resin model versus the plastic model but may have looked better overall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment