Saturday, September 12, 2015

DZC [001b]

So after looking at the book images of these guys and then looking at the actual models of the infantry there must have been some random production changes as the models I have are not as detailed as the ones in the book... Good and bad. Less 10mm scale model painting details but more opportunities for dry brushing!   So yea, UCM Legionnaires first up to the painting plate. God these things are small.  Yet I find myself highlighting leather shaded belt pouches... 12:30am, why not?!  Just in the groove.  Base coat black. Dry brush shadow grey over everything. Dry brush bleached bone over everything for armor camo color I'll be using for my UCM.  Then repaint guns black. Highlight with dawnstone/codex gray. Then paint faces dwarf flesh. Then paint belt pouches and gun holster brown and highlight with snakebite leather. Then dab of red on all left shoulder pads. Times 30 little freaking dudes.  Finally dry brush dawnstone and rust on bases over the ballast and good enough for me. I mean you really have to hold these about 2" away from your face to see them anyway. Maybe scourge warriors tomorrow...we'll see how my eyes hold up in the morning :)

Feel free to try to zoom in on these pictures...iPhone does not quite cut it for these dudes




No comments:

Post a Comment