Saturday, September 19, 2015

DZC [001e]

Tonight I just had enough time to clean up a bit and set up for airbrushing and I thought it might be a good post topic to just show you guys what I plan on using. 


First is my Hacked up card board box I've kept folded up and away behind my tool drawers for all my projects. I just refold it and use packing tape to hold it together every time. Then remove the packing tape when I'm done and fold it up and put it away. 


I like the fact that this came from a big box so I have lots of area to paint and then put some stuff off to the side to dry. I do most of my painting in my garage so I do have to open a window and get a box fan running usually but it works fine. I also have to use a respirator and safety glasses but again part of the job in these tight conditions. 

For the actual airbrush I have a Master Airbrush G22. Here are the specs for reference:


Dual action, internal mix
0.3mm needle/nozzle, 1/3 oz gravity fed cup
Pattern is hairline to 1.5" wide

I looked up the needle size in relation to the airbrush primer use and they say it is fine. I haven't done this before so I wanted to make sure.  We'll see how it goes. 

I also have a quiet oil-less piston type air compressor.  Mini air compressor TC 20. I really like this. It does vibrate a bit so keep it on the floor or in a stable condition so it doesn't walk off your table. It heats up quite a bit but has only overheated on me and auto shut off once after about an hour of continual use when painting the Phantom Titan parts.  Still that is a nice feature in my opinion. 


I have a simple screw on hose but would probably like to upgrade that soon with a longer, more durable one, and one that uses the snap attach feature.


That's all for now, hope to start painting soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Always been interested in airbrushing, at least for basecoating and maybe highlights. How do you clean it afterwards? Is it a pain? How easy is it to mix colors to be airbrushed?

    ReplyDelete