Tuesday, September 22, 2015

DZC [001g]

Tonight I was able to prime the UCM vehicles.  Same process as before.  I think I might have left my paint in the hot garage for a little too long or the airbrush was not quite clean because I had a bit of a slow start with the primer not smoothly coming out of the brush.  I added a few drops of Vallejo airbrush thinner (which is not ideal for primer I've heard), shook up the paint pot, and things went much smoother after that. I brought my paint back inside following tonight's episode. 

Here are the final three coat primed UCM vehicles. 


These Bear APCs above were coated with citadel chaos black primer the other day and I can definitely tell the difference in thickness of the base costs.  Here not too much of a problem but I'm glad I did the scourge with the airbrush as they are a bit more detailed than the UCM.





Lastly I sealed my infantry model bases.  I use Krylon Crystal Clear for the first coat. If you like things glossy you can stop there but most of us don't so I then hit it with Testors dull coat.  



I also used sticky tack to secure these to a piece of cardboard so they would not fly off of the table and get anything else stuck to them in the process.  Best decision of the night. 



Clear coated

Dull coated. 

Lastly I checked out some of the Scourge models and found one that chunked off some base coat on the bottom.  Just a gentle reminder to myself to wait the extra three seconds before putting these down for them to dry...does not take long with airbrush coats to dry but you can still get the wet paint stick effect so watch out. 


Now off to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment